- Expectations are the root of all unhappiness: Don't you just love when you try to keep your cool about a date and maintain realistic expectations of an event that more likely than not will end in a bland disappointment, when your mother/grandmother/sister/roommate/etc. finds out and starts pairing your first name with his last or analyzes how cute your how-we-met story would be? Yeah, it's the worst.
- The sudden realization you have absolutely nothing cute to wear: There is nothing quite like the harsh realization that you don't own anything that's on your Pinterest style board, and that you have, in fact, been living in the same Target v-neck t-shirt in twelve colors. Oh, and you only have one pair of blue jeans---but he must like that right?
- Getting ready prematurely and having to sit around waiting, which always ends in you wishing you could just be half way through with the date. Heck, let's just bag this altogether.
- Being on the date, laughing and enjoying yourself but then looking at the guy and thinking, "he'd be such a fun friend."
- Being on the date, laughing and enjoying yourself and thinking that everything is going really well and seeing the look his face---you know the look that says, "Yeah, no."
- Getting home, wanting to go to bed and finding your entire wardrobe piled on your bed.
- The dilemma of having to wait for him to call or text or whatever and wondering if you should call or text or whatever.
- The dilemma of kinda hoping he won't call.
See, you're not really missing anything. So, pop on some Taylor Swift and watch a mushy movie and call it a day.